- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Day 1: Drive to Kibale Forest National Park
You will start your drive to western Uganda through the beautiful green scenery and the tea plantations. You will have a chance to interact with local people during the walk through the market after lunch. After lunch, you will have a one hour drive to Kibale forest where you will be able to spot some monkeys, birds and Baboons on your way and during the stop-over. You will sleep at any of the suggested accommodations below according to your budget.
Day 2: Chimpanzee Trekking
Today you will have your breakfast at the lodge and prepare for your trip for Chimpanzee walk. Kibale forest National Park consists of around 13 primate species. While at the park, you will be able to see many types of monkeys like; the wonderful Red Columbus, Grey cheeked mangabey, Black and white Columbus monkey, L’hoest monkey and the amazing Chimpanzees. Here you will experience our cousins today for one hour and the trip takes 3-4 hours walk through the tropical rain forest with the experienced guide. After lunch you will visit Bigodi swamp for the walk to spot some monkeys and bird species and that takes you through grassland, small communities where the locals are very enthusiastic to shake hands with white people through coffee plantations and peoples gardens to see how they do daily work.
Day 3: Drive to back Kampala / Entebbe
Today after breakfast, you will drive to Kampala and do a city tour where you will visit the numerous crafts markets, Kampala taxi park with hundreds of commuter taxis jam parked in a small park (you will be guided to climb the adjacent high buildings to have an aerial view of this sometimes chaotic park) alternatively, you will visit Kampala’s biggest Mosque that was sponsored by Late Muamar Gaddafi – the former President of Libya or transfer to Entebbe. You will Lunch in a nice restaurant of your choice in Kampala
- Transportation in a 4WD tourist minibus with open roof and an upgrade for Toyota land cruiser
- Accommodation with meals as indicated in the itinerary
- 1 Chimpanzee permit per person
- Services of an English speaking guide
- Drinking water during the tour
- Any optional activities (Please take note of this)
- Visas and insurance (Uganda visa is at 50$, East African is at 100$), and apply online before you travel.
- Expenses of any personal nature
- Porters that may carry your luggage during the Chimpanzee tour ($15).